29.3.12

Ok so im a bit late on doing on update on the vogue saddle but I've been a bit busy with work and stuff. Plus clipping Magic's
Legs :D

Firstly I noticed its quite a heavy saddle but not too heavy. Just more so than my tiny Jessica saddle. Magic didn't seem to mind it being girthed up even though he pulls faces sometimes with his treed saddle. It sat very much on top of him but I've heard they can take a while to mould to different horses. I was having to try it with my normal stirrups as I don't own any webbers which meant the buckles were digging into my thighs but the seat was comfortable. I did find the twist too wide for my hips and because of this felt quite insecure in the saddle. I found I had to take my stirrups up several holes but I don't think it was because of the set back bars as I've ridden with these before and actually prefere it. I should probably try it again when I've bought some webbers but at the moment I don't have the spare money to buy any so it will have to wait.

Yesterday was an interesting day. we had perfect walk, trot, leg yield and rein back, all perfectly round and working from behind. However magic had forgotten how to canter and I'd forgotten how to ride. Abandoned the schooling session and went for a quick hack down the road. I've noticed magics stifle slipping again, I lost count of the amount of times it happened just walking down the road yesterday. I'll be getting a physio out to him when I can. I'm not too worried yet as it isn't happening in the school *touch wood*

Today I decided to try schooling again. I swapped my dressage whip for spurs today in case I'd forgotten how to ride again and therefor would have less to hold. Started the same as yesterday with lots of transitions which went well. He'd been in all day so started off a bit nosey but he settled pretty quickly. Tried to add in trot canter trot transitions but they were pretty terrible. Walk to canter actually went a bit better so did walk canter trot walk, this seemed to help him slow his canter down but what I found really helped was walk to canter and then taking a slightly forward, light seat. He was really steady and felt quite balanced so I'll be doing this and slowly sitting back into the saddle. He worked hard today so he can have a day off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment