24.11.10

Where to start... We've had some fairly terrible schooling sessions lately during which Magic totally forgot he could bend left and also seemed incapable of working in an outline in trot even for a few seconds. Canter on the other hand has improved quite a lot so I can't really complain.

I've been riding Magic in an almost constant long and low frame even when hacking to help build his top line muscles. He finds it very very easy in walk but he's not quite strong enough to work long and low in trot just yet and his first reaction when going in to trot is to stick his head in the air. I can get him to lower it again but only if I almost totally drop the contact for a bit and ask again. He's pretty much the same when lunged. He'll work in a fairly low frame in trot but if he gets his head up I have to bring him back to walk and ask for trot again when he's relaxed his neck. He finds it much easier on the right rein than the left.

I have 3 days left to prepare for dressage on Sunday. A walk and trot (that I still can't remember) and prelim 7. Magic still needs his mane thinned out and more importantly I need to make sure I can plait. Also his legs are only clipped to his knees and hocks as he hates being clipped so I'm hoping that my tiny trimmers will take some more hair off so I can just leave his feather to make him look more presentable.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and that Magic doesn't buck or rear and I can remember both tests by then and that I don't forget them while we're in the arena!

No comments:

Post a Comment